USDA Afterschool and Summer Meal Program
Over the past 6 years, FLIPANY has developed and implemented a very successful model where we provide eligible afterschool and summer programs with delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for children to eat before they go home. FLIPANY’s unique ability to do this work is shown by our current successes:
In Miami-Dade and Broward counties FLIPANY serves over 70 locations:
Through the Afterschool Meal Program: (operates during the school year)
- 3,000 healthy snacks daily (540,000 snacks during the school year )
- 1,450 health meals daily (261,000 healthy meals during the school year)
- 3,330 children are served daily in 72 Afterschool programs across Miami-Dade and Broward.
FLIPANY is an approved Sponsor for Summer Foods, a program federally funded by the USDA. Summer Foods is a great opportunity for kids in the community to have nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the entire summer. At FLIPANY-sponsored locations, the kids get to enjoy fish fajitas, salisbury steak, and arroz con pollo for lunch, and delicious breakfasts like apples with croissants. All meals are nutritious and balanced in accordance with USDA recommendations.
Through the Summer Foods Program: (operates during the summer)
- 31,500 healthy breakfasts
- 135,000 healthy lunches
- 103,500 healthy snacks
- 3,000 children served daily for 45 days over the summer vacation
- These nutritious snacks/meals are paired with nutrition education to increase students consumption and knowledge to make healthy decisions at home.
- We provide high quality, nutritious food that exceeds the USDA recommendations.
- Our staff have culinary and nutrition expertise to teach kids about why it is important to eat healthy foods.
- Our focus is food quality, not profit margins.
To find out if your site is eligible for Afterschool Meal Program or Summer Food Program contact Viktoriya Yudovina at VYudovina@FLIPANY.org or 954-636-2388.
Click Below to Access Forms for Your Site:
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
SFSP 2017 Menus (TBA)
Print and display on-site, only the menus which pertain to your program: