Kids will enjoy the mixing and measuring activities in this recipe.
- 3 cups low-fat granola
- 3/4 cup dried fruit, such as dried cranberries or cherries, or finely chopped dried apricots, apples or pears
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
1. In a large bowl, mix together granola and dried fruit. In a small saucepan, heat honey, oil and vanilla over medium heat, stirring until honey is dissolved.
2. Pour honey mixture over granola and mix until thoroughly coated.
3. Pour egg whites over granola mixture; mix well.
4. Pack mixture firmly into an 8-inch square nonstick baking pan. Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
5. Place pan on a cooling rack; cool completely before cutting into squares, approximately 2-1/2-inches each.
Honey Granola Square, Nutrition Facts Created by Living Cookbook 2011 software.