Youth Challenge- FLIPANY Fun Run
The FLIPANY Youth Challenge is a chance for young people (ages 9-18) to complete a 5K while helping a GREAT cause: fighting childhood obesity and creating a healthier lifestyle for Florida residents. The 7th annual FLIPANY Fun Run will be held on Hollywood Beach on Saturday, January 12th, 2013.
If you are a coach, PE teacher, or youth leader who wants to get kids active and give back to your community or if you are a young person who wants to get his/her friends together to do something fun, healthy, and that will make you feel good, you are in the right place!
Click on this link to create a team or join a team NOW or read below for more information.
Seize this opportunity to become a part of the countywide “Let’s Move Broward” initiative and personally experience how one school/youth group can improve the lives of hundreds.
This exciting event will challenge your school or group team with a 5K or 10K run. We’re challenging all of the schools and youth groups in Broward County to organize a team to represent pride in their school/youth group as well as pride in their community.
- Team with most participants- Party at your school or site with a Pro Athlete
- Second and Third place teams with most participants- FLIPANY party at your school or site with a healthy food demo and snacks
- Youth who raises the most money for FLIPANY- (over $1,000) iPad Mini
- All teams with over 10 registered runners receive customized T-shirts for their team
- Recognition at the event, on FLIPANY’s Facebook page and publicity for your school
- Teacher/Coach/Adult leader whose team raises the most money for FLIPANY- $100 Gift Card
TEAMS ARE ALREADY FORMED AT THESE SCHOOLS/GROUPS (JOIN IN THE FUN!)
|Gulfstream Middle School- Hallandale Beach|
|Margate Middle School- Margate|