FLIPANY is the Florida partner of the national Share Our Strength program that connects kids, families, and adults with healthy food by teaching them how to prepare healthy, tasty, low-cost snacks and meals. The program runs one time a week, for six weeks, for a group of 15-25 participants at partner sites across Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach, and Sarasota counties. Call 954-636-2388 to see if we are in your area.
· Cooking Matters for Kids teaches children ages 8 to 12 about healthy eating and provides simple recipes children can prepare themselves.
· Cooking Matters for Teens teaches teenagers how to make healthy food choices and prepare healthy meals and snacks.
· Cooking Matters for Families brings school-age children and their families together to learn about healthy eating and the importance of family mealtime.
· Cooking Matters for Adults, offered in English and Spanish, teaches low-income adults about healthy meal preparation and sensible shopping on a limited budget.
· Cooking Matters EXTRA for Parents of Preschoolers, an addenda to Cooking Matters for Adults offered in both English and Spanish, focuses specifically on adults with preschool-age children.
· Cooking Matters for Adults EXTRA for Diabetes, an addenda to Cooking Matters for Adults, offers specialized information for adults living with diabetes.
– Cooking Matters for Chefs and Kids , an easy-to-use-guide that helps chefs and others provide hands-on instruction that will help kids develop a love of cooking and skills to make healthy food choices wherever they go.
For more information about Cooking Matters, please visit http://www.cookingmatters.org/.